Tuesday, October 21, 2014

On the road: no meal planning

I've been in Utah since Sunday night. And I will be staying here for about 2 weeks with a cut off this weekend when I am traveling to South Carolina for the Spartan Beast and the Spartan Super. 
No other way but to eat well. I am good at working out, I need to
improve eating habits. 

I just want to be home. I can not really plan meals. Even when I have been trying to make good choices I am not sure I have done the best choices. I need to come up with a plan and I need to come with quickly. 

Breakfast has not been too bad. Once I control the amount of coffee creamer everything goes smoothly- calorie wise. 

The mayor challenge has been that there is no snack time, not really an option and lunch is happening late. I spend more than 4 hours between breakfast and my next meal. Not good. I make bad choices when hungry, I become hangry. 

Of course then there is no other meal until dinner. And dinner won't happen until after 8pm. Of course I am starving by the time we get food and I eat everything in front of me. I need to buy snacks... portable, no perishable snacks. 

Yes, it is a struggle.  When I am at home I find it difficult to follow my meal plans, and when I am on travel I find it difficult because I can not really prepare meals. A bunch of excuses, a trick to avoid feeling guilty. The truth is that I can make better choices. No one forces me to eat what I have been eating, and I am certainly allowed to have snacks for when I need them. 

I will make better choices. I am making better choices. I need to keep this commitment with myself. If I want to keep loosing weight, and keep the weight lost, off then I need to pay attention and take care of myself. One day I won't even have to think about this. 

Lets keep trying one more time. 

Until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment